I have gathered some learning materials and resources that can help you get started with development with this great module.
1. Sitecore JSS Documentation
Great resource to start is official Sitecore JSS documentation -> https://jss.sitecore.com/docs.
It’s really nicely written and structured where at the beginning you have everything to get you up to speed with “Getting Started” section. It continues with “Fundamentals” and “Frameworks overview“. Once you master those, you are ready for more advanced topics in last section “Techniques“.
If you are person to see things in action rather then reading about them, there are plenty of great YouTube videos and playlists to watch:
- Headless and JSS playlist by “Master Sitecore” – here you can find videos with the same content as “Getting Started” section mentioned in JSS Documentation above
- Sitecore JSS 12.0.0 playlist by Robbert Hock
- Sitecore JSS playlist by “Our Sitecore Journey“
There are lots of Sitecore developers / employees out there who share their knowledge, expertise and experience through their blogs, github repos, youtube channels and so on. Some are specialized in Sitecore JSS particularly. This can be great source of knowledge and could help you get started and also find solutions to your problems pretty quickly.
Some notable Sitecore JSS bloggers you should follow (some are also Sitecore Technology MVPs):
- Adam Lamarre -> https://www.adamlamarre.com/tag/sitecorejss/
- Gary Wenneker -> https://gary.wenneker.org/tag/jss/
- Robbert Hock -> https://www.kayee.nl/category/sitecore/sitecore-jss/
- Tony Mamedbekov -> https://mysitecore.blog/how-to-build-a-sitecore-jss-web-app/
- Kam Figy -> https://kamsar.net/index.php/category/JSS/
- Corey Smith -> https://www.coreysmith.co/tag/sitecore-jss/
- Anastasiya Flynn -> https://codealamode.blog/tags/jss
- Hishaam Namooya -> https://hishaamn.wordpress.com/tag/sitecore-jss/
- Vitalii Tylyk -> https://blog.vitaliitylyk.com/tag/jss/
- Nikki Punjabi -> https://blog.nikkipunjabi.com/tag/sitecore-jss
5. JSS GitHub Repo
Official JSS GitHub Repo contains source code for all Sitecore JSS packages as well as samples to help you get started using Sitecore JSS. Good place to start.
And don’t forget to contribute! PRs are welcomed by JSS team.
If you are seeking help, you can use lot’s of channels:
– Sitecore Stack Exchange – https://sitecore.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/jss
– Sitecore Slack Channel – https://sitecorechat.slack.com/ (join #headless channel) – read here how to join
– Sitecore General Modules Community / Forums (JSS questions goes there) – https://community.sitecore.net/developers/f/10
– Sitecore Support – https://support.sitecore.net/helpdesk/
Rock and Roll with Sitecore JSS!