Installing Solr 7.5 for Sitecore 9.2

Reading Time: 2 minutes

Installing Solr for Sitecore instances is getting easier and easier each version of Sitecore by efforts of some Sitecore community members.

I have used “Low Effort” PowerShell script made by Jeremy Davis in the past with some small modifications to help me install Sitecore 9.0 and 9.1.

With changes in Java JDK licensing made at the end of 2018 by Oracle (more information can be found in great article by Jeremy Davis), we are “forced” to use OpenJDK instead.

Mark Cassidy shared nice gist for installing Solr 7.2.1 with OpenJDK 1.8.0.201-1.

I have made some small changes to this gist and shared them in my GitHub repository dedicated to installing Sitecore 9.2.

I have changed install folder, Solr host, Solr version (to have Solr 7.5 installed) and OpenJDK version was bumped to latest (as of preparing this script) version 1.8.0.212-1.

This is essential as Sitecore 9.2 requires Solr 7.5 to be installed.

I have highlighted changes below:

solr75

You can tune up parameters based on your needs.

I ran the script and in couple of seconds I had Solr 7.5 up and running:

solr75install02

I have checked Windows Services and service was created also:

solr75install04

Also Solr admin is up and running:

solr752

 

Happy indexing!

5 comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.