2018 was amazing year for me. Even though I have worked with Sitecore platform already for 4+ years, I learnt a ton about it in 2018. I have also worked a lot with SXA in 2018 which was incredible experience.
Below are my reflections of 2018.
Conferences & SUGs
Attended 1 conference
- 8-11th October – Sitecore Symposium – Orlando, Florida, USA -> Read more information from this great event in my summary series
Attended 3 User Groups
Presented 4 Talks
- 26th June – SUG Budapest #5 – Presented “Privacy by Design and by Default + GDPR with Sitecore”
- 30th October – SUG Czechia&Slovakia #1 – Presented “Sitecore Experience Commerce 9 Update 2 New Features”
- 15th November – SUG Chennai – Online Presented “Content Creation with SXA”
- 20th November – SUG Budapest #6 – Presented “SXA 1.8 and Sitecore Forms / Marketing Automation in Sitecore 9.1”
Recorded 1 session
- 10th October – I recorded my session “SXA in Action” during Sitecore Symposium 2018 in Orlando, FL. This session should be broadcast at the beginning of March during Sitecore Virtual Developer Day 2019. First time in front of camera so be merciful when watching please 🙂
I have also published a lot of Sitecore related ebooks (in mobi, epub and pdf formats so suitable for any e-reader like Kindles, Kobos, Pocketbooks or laptops) generated from Helix documentation, Sitecore Commerce 9 documentation.
I also published specialized blog posts like Sitecore Developer Bookshelf 2018 or Sitecore Experience Commerce (SXC) 9 Essentials Certification Study Guide.
My blog had 8630 visitors that visited altogether 17778 pages in 2018:
I have made first 10000 visited pages by end of September and in just 3 following months until end of the year I reached almost 8000 more so almost doubling it. I couldn’t imagine this at the beginning of the year. I am usually not writing short blog posts as you can see. I have written 43259 words in my blog posts in total in 2018 which makes it 655 in average per blog post. I have received awesome response to my articles not only in 90 comments on my blog directly but also on Twitter and LinkedIn. Also Sitecore itself shared my articles on their Twitter or Facebook accounts. Great recognition.
I am happy for every single visit and if I only helped one person, it was worth it!
Sitecore Stack Exchange
- 4649 reputation points (4624 total)
- 159 answers (159 total)
- 44 questions (45 total)
I was #2 in reputation points for year 2018 gained 4649 reputation points altogether and probably also jumper of year as I went +246 up in year ranking 🙂
and ended #15 all time by number of reputation points:
I made some really serious questions but I have made also some funny ones like whether there are some Easter eggs in Sitecore. For some questions that I have posted, I have also posted answer either straight away or after some investigation. One such a question and answer combo was also converted into community wiki and it will help you get up to speed with Sitecore Commerce 9 development.
I was pretty active on various channels on Sitecore Chat on Slack.
Mostly on XConnect, SXA, HabitatHome, Commerce, Stack Exchange and Venting 🙂
Join Sitecore Slack by following this great article by @jammykam -> https://jammykam.wordpress.com/2018/02/26/sitecore-slack-community-guidelines/
- 97 contributions
- Most of them on my repositories with Sitecore 9 installation scripts or ebooks -> https://github.com/chorpo?tab=repositories
- I have also contributed to Sitecore HabitatHome Platform project with some GDPR goodies -> https://github.com/chorpo/Sitecore.HabitatHome.Platform – will write a separate blog post soon
Plans for 2019
Learn & use
- Sitecore SXA 1.8
- Sitecore 9.1
- Unofficial Sitecore SXA Youtube channel
- SUGCON / Sitecore Symposium 2019
- SUG Budapest
- SUG Chennai
- SUG Czechia & Slovakia #2 in March 2019
- Lose weight