I was always changing item icons through ribbon but I recently found small bug in Sitecore 9 Update 1 that brought me to explore new possibilities.
If you want to change icon in Sitecore, you can do it in four possible ways through two different interfaces:
- The faster one when you are already In Visual Studio is through Sitecore Rocks. Open Sitecore Explorer Toolbar and navigate to item which icon you would like to change: You will see below wizard. Just pick one and click OK:
- In Content Editor click on icon next to Item name in Content tab:
- In Content Editor click on “Open Icon” button in Appearance section in Content tab:
- In Content Editor go to “Configure” ribbon and click on “Icon” button: You will see recently used icons or most frequently used icons. You can also click on “More Icons” button which will open dialog mentioned below.
- You will always end up in very same dialog in Content Editor to change icon:
First you will always see Recent icons.
By clicking on Icons section, you can choose icons divided by categories.