Installing Solr for Sitecore instances is getting easier and easier each version of Sitecore by efforts of some Sitecore community members.
With changes in Java JDK licensing made at the end of 2018 by Oracle (more information can be found in great article by Jeremy Davis), we are “forced” to use OpenJDK instead.
I have made some small changes to this gist and shared them in my GitHub repository dedicated to installing Sitecore 9.2.
I have changed install folder, Solr host, Solr version (to have Solr 7.5 installed) and OpenJDK version was bumped to latest (as of preparing this script) version 188.8.131.52-1.
This is essential as Sitecore 9.2 requires Solr 7.5 to be installed.
I have highlighted changes below:
You can tune up parameters based on your needs.
I ran the script and in couple of seconds I had Solr 7.5 up and running:
I have checked Windows Services and service was created also:
Also Solr admin is up and running: